Spalding County to Host Town Hall Meetings
Spalding County to Host Town Hall Meetings Addressing the Status of Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) Negotiations GRIFFIN, Ga. (Dec. 8, 2022) – The Spalding County Board of Commissioners announced today that it is hosting a series of town hall meetings—beginning Tuesday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m.—to address the status of Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) negotiations with the City of Griffin as well as the option of a Homestead Option Sales Tax (HOST). “We know our residents continue to have a lot of questions about LOST, why it’s important, what it’s paying for and what happens if it goes away,” said Spalding County Manager Dr. Steve Ledbetter. “It’s certainly complicated, and we want everyone to be well-informed about the possible outcomes. So at each town hall meeting, we’ll outline what’s been happening, our position, its pros and cons and give the community a chance to ask questions and offer input.” Meetings will be held at Spalding County fire stations, the Spalding County Senior Center, the Griffin+Spalding County Library and the Spalding County Courthouse Annex:
• Tuesday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m. Fire Station #3 (3865 Jackson Road)
• Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. Spalding County Senior Center (885 Memorial Drive) at 12 p.m. Fire Station #5 (5756 Newnan Road) at 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. Fire Station #4 (4245 Old Atlanta Road)
• Friday, Dec. 16 at 12 p.m. Griffin+Spalding County Library (800 Memorial Drive)
• Saturday, Dec. 17 at 11 a.m. Fire Station #1 (600 Carver Road)
• Monday, Dec. 19 at 5 p.m. Spalding County Courthouse Annex (119 E. Solomon Street) This meeting will be livestreamed via YouTube on the inSpaldingTV and Spalding County Board of Commissioners channels.
“The deadline is fast approaching for LOST certification,” said Spalding County Chairman Clay Davis. “We continue to negotiate in good faith on behalf of the county, but we must also be prepared with a plan of action. A lot has changed in the county and in the city in the 10 years since LOST was last negotiated.”
Dr. Steve Ledbetter, County Manager 119 E. Solomon Street
Griffin, Georgia 30224 www.spaldingcounty.com